Accommodation and nature experiences in Puumala, Lake Saimaa
Welcome to Nestorinranta Resort
- Accommodation in rooms and cottages
- Beds 26+8 (in winter 11 + 2)
- Breakfast 01.05.-30.09., other time a cottage breakfast
- 2 cafés open in summer: Café Nestori and Nestori’s Crepes
- Meal services for groups by order
- Wellness paths
- Animals: small friendly dogs, sheep, chickens and a cock, quails
- Swimming piers and beaches
- Sauna (on the main yard and at the cottages)
- Boat, bike and equipment rental
- Guided fishing and boat trips
- BBQ rental for 20 people on the boat shore
How to get here
Take a bike ride to Puumala Archipelago Route – book your holiday here
A popular bike ferry Norppa II operates once a day during the summer from Nestorinranta to Hurissalo, Kivisalmi and back. Thanks to the ferry you can cycle 60 km around the Lietvesi open in beautiful scenery and enjoy the best sights and services of Puumala. Lietvesi is part of the large Lake Saimaa and Saimaa Geopark.
See more about this wonderful route from the site of visitpuumala. See also the cycling holidays of Nestorinranta on our cycling site. If the timetable of the ferry doesn’t suit you, you can book the boat taxi of Nestorinranta.
Take a trip in May to see the rare Saimaa ringed seal – book accommodation here
The trips are made in a cabin boat, which can take 10 passengers. See the timetables and prices on the site of Lakeland GTE.
This Finnish sauna evening for only you and your company combines modern beautiful facilities with old traditions. The magnificent view of Lake Saimaa from a large window of a hot sauna and an open air whirlpool bath in the terrace brings you laid-back-ness. If you dare you can also go swimming in the lake even in winter! Finnish Sauna Menu can be enjoyed afterwards in a tipi-like hut made of old logs.
Sauna evening is available after 27.12.2019, when our beautiful new sauna is put into operation. The building is designed by Finnish architect Hanna Toivanen.
Excursion includes: briefing for sauna and sauna traditions, use of sauna and baths and Sauna Menu. It is ideal for not more than 8 people. Price from 123 € /person.
For offers and price, please contact >>
Nestorinranta – the place immortalised in song
An old song loved by the Finns is based on a true story that took place on the Nestorinranta grounds in the 1960s.
A man called Nestori Reponen lived in the village and had his sauna where Nestori’s Cabin currently stands.
Nestori used to play his accordion while heating the sauna, and once it so happened that a ringed seal climbed onto a rock nearby to listen.
The Saimaa ringed seal was on the verge of extinction in the 1970s. However, thanks to extensive conservation measures, over 300 ringed seals now live in Lake Saimaa – with luck, you can see one yourself in the waters near Nestorinranta.
- Villa Hauki 08.01.-31.03.2019 from € 240 /2 days, € 700 / one week
- Ylähuone + Orsi (3-6 people) to 25.04.2019 only € 100 – 130 / night
- Book now!
- A popular bike ferry transports cyclists and motorcyclists between Lintusalo and Hurissalo, See more about the Puumala Archipelago Route
- Cottage + fishing
- Nature and bike trips
- Area for tents
- Midsummer brunch 22.06. 11-14, Cafe Nestori
- 13.7. Archipelago Day
See the Saimaa archipelago
Nestorinranta is located between Lietvesi and Suur-Saimaa. The nearby area contains numerous breath-taking islands to which we organise trips. A tragic love story is related to Liittokivi Island featured in the photo – ask your hostess for the whole story!
The road leading to Nestorinranta is a sight in and of itself: The Puumala archipelago road runs through 11 islands, the largest of which are Niinisaari, Liimattala and Lintusalo.
See all the things you can do and experience in the archipelago: www.veskansankylat.fi.