Hire a boat or come on a guided fishing or boating trip
See also our offer of “Fish and Sleep at Lake Saimaa, Nestorinranta”
|Would you like to have fish without bones? Look a video:|
Boat renting involves a security sum and rental contract. Also the boat rental fees must be paid in advance. The security is paid back when the boat is returned unscathed.
- Finnmaster 6101 MC Cruiser ”Vilmari”, 145 hp, max 6 people, gasoline 98 oct., consumtion 16-20 litres / hour, when the speed is 25 knots/hour
- Faster 460, aluminum open boat, 50 hp, max 5 people, gasoline 98 oct., consumtion 10-15 litres / hour, when the speed is 25 knots/hour
- Kala-Kaveri 470* + Honda 15 hp, a steering console, echo, max 4 people., gasoline 98 oct
- Kaisla Erä 525 + Suzuki 5 hp, max 4 people., gasoline 98 oct.
- Päijän 575 + Yamaha 4 hp, max 4 people., gasoline 98 oct
- Päijän 520 L + Honda 2,3 hp, max 4 people., gasoline 98 oct.
- Päijän 520 L, row boat max 4 people
- Honda 2,3 hp, outboard motor
- Indian canoe, max 4 people. for short day trips. For longer trips we recommend other canoe rentals (See Veskansan kylät).
*This is a new boat, which we’ll get during the spring 2019.
Vilmari and Faster are only rented out to experienced and careful boaters who can navigate and have driven a similar boat before. In the rocky waters of Saimaa, you cannot deviate from the marked routes unless coming ashore. Both boats are available for fishing only with a guide.
Also other motor boats need experience. If you have not driven a motor boat we recommend our course “How to drive a motor boat”.
Our water taxis are fast boats. Traveltimes: Nestorinranta-Kivisalmi 20 minutes, Nestorinranta-Puumala centre 30 minutes, Nestorinranta-Imatra 1,5 hour, Nestorinranta-Lappeenranta 2-3 hours, Nestorinranta-Mikkeli/Savonlinna 3-4 hours.
- Open boat Faster, 4 passengers
- Cabin boat Finnmaster “Vilmari”, 5 passengers
Go fishing on Lake Saimaa
- We rent fishing equipment, and provide advice and assistance.
- We can arrange for all the necessary fishing permits.
- More information on the terms of the fishing permits is available in English on the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry website. There, you can purchase your permits with a credit card
Trolling trip on Lake Saimaa
Introduction trip on Lake Saimaa
For extra price
Fishing in winter:
Go ice fishing or check the nets with a guide
In winter, nets are normally kept in the lake from January to April, as long as the ice is strong enough. The guide will explain the technique of pulling the nets under the ice, and you can witness the process, if you happen along on the first trip. If fish are caught, you can purchase them from the guide at a fair price.
Fisherman Teijo Keijonen will serve as the guide. Departures are from the Nestorinranta marina on foot, skis or kicksled. Dress appropriately for the weather.
- A 30-minute cruise on the nearby waters of Lake Saimaa (max. 5 adults) gives you a good view of Finnish Lakeland in a short time for an affordable price.
- War History at Lake Saimaa A visit by a cabin boat to the Rokansaari trenches. An introduction to the wartime history of the lake and this beautiful island. Duration 2 hours. Max. 5 passengers.
- The 90-minute Tour de Lintusalo (max. 5 adults) gives you a chance to see both the vast waters and the narrow and exciting sounds of Lake Saimaa.
- The 120-minute Liittokivi Cruise (max. 5 adults) gives you a chance to visit the legendary Liittokivi islet and to see the vast waters of Lake Saimaa. Going ashore on Liittokivi islet is possible if the weather permits.
- The Rokansaari Island Trip (max. 5 adults) lasts from 3 to 4 hours. Ever so lovely Rokansaari island offers you amazing sand beaches, ridges, ponds, and a guest harbor with good facilities, not to mention Mallu’s Cafe! It’s always exciting to see whether it is open! The charges include a snack and refreshments.
- A Trip to Ruuho Islands (max. 5 adults) lasts from 3 to 4 hours. Ruuho Islands consist of several sandy and ridged islands featuring sand beaches, lagoons as well as a popular guest harbor with its facilities. The charges include a snack and refreshments.